On October 29th 2019 the University of Milano-Bicocca and the ITER International fusion energy organization signed an agreement on academic and scientific cooperation. The purpose of this agreement is to promote cooperation and exchange in all academic and scientific fields of mutual interest and to advance the training of young researchers.
Scope and types of activity:
- joint supervision of students working on PhD theses;
- joint training and exchange of young scientists and engineers;
- exchange of scientists or experts, including within the framework of the ITER Project associate (IPA) Scheme;
- exchange of related academic data;
- joint research projects in Nuclear Fusion, Fusion diagnostics, and in Fusion Technology;
- joint Research projects on neutron and gamma spectroscopy on fusion plasmas.